Thursday, August 6, 2009

Minimum wage in Haiti

I was deeply shaked to hear that the minimum wage was voted for 150 gourdes per day while the prices are totally high whereas the position of the leaders was before for 200 gourdes ($5 US).Indeed, they voted for 150 gourdes instead of voting for 200 gourdes.

The workers have to afford for many things every day, they are mothers and fathers and have to feed their children, and also do other stuff.I consider this vote is unfair, the country is feeling ashame by this decision.Everyone was waiting for a vote against the president's objection which he has put over this bill.Nowadays, most of the Haitians don't trust the lerders because they feel that are betrayed by them.Such amount of wage can't respond to the needs of the workers, and on the other hand their lives are not insuranced.


The country is making it's way without any hope due to misery.I am still asking when will this country have a good air? Haiti needs the world.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Frandy. I am sorry that your country is in such pain. You are a proud and very intelligent voice and I look forward to our future meetings over such things. God Bless and I will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete