Friday, August 17, 2012

Loving Haiti Will Never Be Faded Away

Haiti is a beautiful country and the Haitian people are wonderful. Life in Haiti is difficult,but the Haitian people are very strong. They are waiting on change by holding onto their faith and hope every single day. I cannot describe how strong the people of my country are, despite poverty,earthquake and cholera they are moving on.

I have been living in the U.S. for almost two years,but my heart is still in Haiti. I check the news about my beloved country almost every day. I talk with my family and friends on the Internet via facebook and skype. I still remember the past journeys and I remember the hard life as well.

As I love the medical field, I am going to school to be a nurse. I want to do it for my country as well because I want to go back and help those who need medical care. It takes a lot to tell when it comes to talk about medical care in Haiti. The country’s medical system is obsolete, there are not enough care providers and medical facilities. Most of the hospitals and clinics are in Port-au-Prince. Sometimes, it takes two days for many people to get to a hospital or clinic, then there comes an issue; no doctors,nurses and even medicines. As a result, people die in these circumstances. Life is so important and beautiful, why is it so many people do not have the chance to survive when they are in need of medical care?

I was diagnosed with a heart problem eleven years ago.But thanks to God and Dr John Carroll who took me to the U.S. for care. I wonder how my life would be if I did not meet Dr John.I think I would have died because I did not find medical care that I needed in Haiti. Every time I think about that, I realize there are so many people in Haiti who are in the same situation like I was a few years ago. There are people who need assistance,but they suffer and die because they cannot find any help.

I carry the tears of my people in my heart like I carry mine. I love my country and I can’t stop thinking about it. Haiti is where my heart belongs. I look forward to going back and continue to be involved. May God bless my beautiful island!


No comments:

Post a Comment