Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Malnutrition








The fact that the children don’t have food to eat gives them different kind of sicknesses. This baby girl is suffering with malnutrition, she lives close to my house. She’s named Ti Mè, she’s 3 years old. You can see in the picture how her belly is big, bare foot, her hair almost get red at all, and she wears a dirty clothe. I asked her mother why she does not take her to the hospital she said “I can’t even have food to feed her, how can I do it? money is impossible for me”.

Ti Mè is a nice girl but misery is taking her beauty away.She was screaming out while I took her picture, but one of her sister came up to help me to do it though.

Her mother is woman who tried to suicide herself because of financial situation.She was about to drink a pot of Clorox last week but thanks to God, someone could see the Clorox in her hands. She has 3 daughters, and Ti Mè is the youngest. They all don’t go school. I experienced details that proved me how they will never go to school .Poverty would not let them see their mother anymore.

Indeed, the condition of the children is deteriorated every day.They don't have anybody to help them.Let's begin to keep our eyes on them now.

4 comments:

  1. Suicide in Haiti is so rare...doesn't this say something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. People don't commit it often it's because they have strength to resist under the misery.I used to hear some people say that the Haitians will eat rocks by the next years because life is too hard here. Thank you very much Dr. John.Haiti loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello the baby is no eat the food...malnutrition in condition of the children with the problem in family


    ___________________
    Elizabeth Wilcox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem is typically is related to financial situation of the family of that baby and it is the same for many others.

    ReplyDelete